If I asked you to name everything you loved,
how long would it take you to name yourself?
This post came to me as I was watching Lady Gaga’s music video to “Til It Happens to You.” If you haven’t watched that video, you should do that immediately. The link is at the bottom of this post. Sexual assault is more prevalent than we like to believe. It is something no one wants to talk about, but it is something that needs to be talked about.
No one knows how it feels unless it has happened to them. The pain, the stress, the low self-worth that comes with being sexually assaulted are all things victims wish they could explain; there are no words for these emotions. It is not easy, and victims often have a hard time believing it gets better.
Even if you have not been sexually assaulted, God wants you to know what he thinks about you. He loves you, and you are always precious and dear to him no matter what kind of pain you are dealing with.
- You are loved. -Jeremiah 31:3
- You are strong. -Psalm 68:35
- You are protected. -Psalm 121:3
- You are chosen. -John 15:16
- You are beautiful. -Psalm 45:11
- You are precious.-1 Corinthians 6:19-20
- You are a new creation. -2 Corinthians 5:17
- You are empowered. -Philippians 4:13
- You are family. -Ephesians 2:19
- You are mine. -Isaiah 43:1
You are never alone. There are so many people who want to help you when you are ready for their help. This world may feel big, scary, and very lonely, but one thing you should know is you never have you go through it alone.
For help call the National Sexual Assault Hotline: 1-800-656-HOPE
Music Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmWBrN7QV6Y
With love and support,